Feeds RSS

Monday 13 June 2011

Today is the day they break my face!

5am- sooooo tired, but i slept fine, dunno how haha! The only thing that sucks is that i cant eat or drink now until after surgery, noooooooooooo! Although, I'm actually really not hungry, might be because i ate so much yesterday haha! I was all packed and ready to go and said bye to my gorgeous dog Tinks bless her, and was on my way at 6am!
  Me and mum arrived early on the ward at 6.40am and had to wait in a seminar room as the ward doesn't open until 7am. We wasn't bored, we were playing this game called words with friends on our phones lol!
  Once in the ward, i had  recliner chair to sit in- mum had a pants plastic chair haha!! Whilst waiting i was playing this stupid annoying game called shot!!!grrrrr! I saw the anaesthetist who will be administering my anaesthetic, who just asked general questions about how im feeling and whats going to happen, family history and stuff.
   About 5 minutes later i saw my surgeon and a few trainees i think to talk about the procedure, ensure the wafers fit and to see if I'm okay with everything......i was fine, my heart was racing lol, the only pants thing was that i was last on the list........grrrrrr!!!! Meaning i can drink water until 9am!! RESULT!
  After a stroll to the concourse, i came back to be in bay 14 with my hospital gown, socks, dressing gown and shoes ready! Looks attractive as my picture shows lol! Which was only taking because a nurse urged mum to post it on facebook!!! Thanks mum! To pass the time we played hanging with friends on mums phone, its so addictive!!!! how sad are we haha!
In the bay waiting to go down.

Modelling my hospital outfit haha!!

My bite before surgery. -they drew lines on my face to ensure my central line is centred.

Profile before surgery.


13.30- i was finally called to go down! woooooooooooooooooooo!!!!
   Mum walked down with me to the theatre where i left her at the doors, she looked like she was gonna cry!! bless her!!! I was sat on a bed in a room just beside the operating theatre, which i could see through the window!!!! Scary stuff! An assistant bless her was stressing about getting me a blanket, but i don't think ill notice it when I'm knocked out haha! My surgeon came in and i laughed at his scrubs because I'm so used to seeing him in a suit lol! My wristbands and ankle bands were checked. A numbing solution was injected into my right hand before a cannula was inserted. I think i was more worried about that the the operation itslelf haha! Three round stickers were placed on me to monitor me during surgery. Just before being put to sleep, my surgeon asked, 'Is there anything you would like to say or ask before we put you to sleep' lol i said just don't bugger it up haha!!! I had them all cracking up! Then i felt woozy and was off!


  I woke up in recovery, and the first thing i noticed was the time! 18.40! I felt a needle go into my right hand which turned out to be my morphine :D NICE! I felt so hot and sweaty and the doctors were trying to cool me down and i had to have my gown changed twice. My surgeon spoke to me and said it went brilliantly wooo hooo thats all i needed to hear! My mouth kept filling with blood which had to be cleared as well as having nose bleeds.....i looked so attractive at this point haha, but the people in the recovery unit were all so lovely.
    I remember being moved into a lift to be settled up on a m5 ward, with my bay next to a window with a nice view :D I was so tired, in and out of sleep but i herd my mum walk in! First thing she said to me was 'You alright fat face' she is so sympathetic haha!! it made me giggle thought! She stayed for a little while and i could talk surprisingly enough!! She told me dad need some of his intestine removed either tonight or tomorrow!!! What is it with us lot! just cant get away from hospital lol! Bless my dad!!! I forced mum to go home because she has been here for 15 hours and is still recovering from her transplant!!!! love her!!!.
  Well that's the surgery over!! On with recovery!! :D woooo hooo!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment