Feeds RSS

Tuesday 14 June 2011

Day 1 Post Op - Hello Fat Face

   What a night! I didn't really sleep as i had nurses check on me every hour to take my blood pressure, temperature and pain level. My morphine button helped me drift in and out of sleep, which was fun :D haaha! I wasn't in any pain. A nurse bless him made me a cup of tea with a straw because i was absolutely craving one haha! My jaw was free, so i was able to talk....a little bit. During the night, any water i drank, kept coming back up with blood.....nice lol! I was good though, got it in the bowl everytime!! whoop whoop! The oxygen tube kept falling out of my nose which was so annoying!!! I was eventually allowed to leave it out about 5am this morning, but then i kept having nose bleeds......should of left it in!!! haha!
   8am- My surgeon and 4 other came along to see me. He was so pleased with the surgery and as soon as I'm detatched from the machines to get up, brush my teeth....WHAT! how?? lol but i gave it a go!! Took AGES!!!! I had an anti-clotting injecting in my tummy, which wasn't too bad lol.
   A nurse bless her, helped me change into a clean gown, as i got blood on my other one....my bad! The lady opposite me was so sweet, she kept asking if i was okay and we kept chatting.....well, as much as i could haha! I was so confused because i didn't know whether i was supposed to be banded shut or what, but i was eventually told i see my orthodontist on Thursday, so I'm free until then!! woooooooo!

Brushing my teeth!
   So wierd! My face is completely numb, even my teeth and gums! So it was odd to say the least. I had to be SO careful as there are stitches all the way along the top set of my teeth and a few in the lower sides of my mouth. Looked gross but awesome haha! Eventhough it felt really uncomfortable, i felt so much better afterwards.
  Nose bleeds were constant! 5 boxes of tissues gone.....oopsy! I felt really sick after just walking from the toilet to my bed! head rush!!! Bless the nurses they calmed me down! I got into my own pjs and listened to my ipod and chilled out. I tried to read my book but i was seeing double, i had to close one eye to text lol!!!! shocking stuff!!!

Breakfast!
   Oh My God! An old friend was serving breakfast! how embarrassing! hi, i haven't seen you for ages, but look at my amazing fat face and me dribbling lol! I managed 3 spoons of porridge. I ate really stupid, i could hardly open my mouth and my dribbling like a baby. Later on i managed 3 scoops of mash wooo hoo.

   Liquid paracetamol, i decided is the most disgusting thing ever!!!! I wanted to throw up lol but i knew it would stop the achey feeling. Mouthwash was interesting because i cant spit properly!! its like i have no teeth haha what a douche. One of the consultants came round and gave me the all clear to go home!!! yaaayyyy!!!!!!
The morning after- Swelling coming out big time!! Starting to look like a cabbage patch doll!


   Mum came at 15.00 and gave me news on dad, he had 12 inches of intestine removed today! WOW!! So we went off to track him down to go see him. It took an HOUR!! to find him. People were staring at me......not gonna lie i would stare if someone had an abnormally large face!!! lol Thanks mum for this picture.
In front of Go potato because of my potato face LOL!

Dad looked awful, he had no painkillers given to him, or even any water! Not a happy chappy!! We made sure before we left him at 8pm that he was ok.
   I felt so uncomfortable, i was so hungry i at a whole bowl of porridge.......took about an hour! and was off to bed. Sleeping upright...yaaay joyful.......not! as well as keeping up with nosebleeds, painkillers. Fun times!

0 comments:

Post a Comment