Feeds RSS

Thursday 9 June 2011

Pre-Admission

   9th June 2011, I had a double appointment today. First of all i saw my orthodontist, to check all my brackets and wires were okay for surgery as well as fitting some lovely surgical hooks onto my wire which is needed during surgery- 5 on my upper teeth and 4 on my lower teeth. He then checked to see if the wafers fit on my teeth, which were plastic moulds of the bottom parts of my teeth, which would be used during surgery and left off after surgery. I think they are also called splints and some people have theirs left on......so glad i don't.
   My mum came with me for this part, but she had to go a see my dad, who is also in hospital at the moment, whilst i had my pre admission done.

Pre-Admission
    A long form to fill out, questions about the surgery, am i allergic to anything etc, etc,etc. Fun Stuff! He then went through the procedure........
         1. hospital gown and socks........sexy lol
         2. General anaesthetic in my hand and three stickers which attach me to monitors.
         3. Tube up through my nasal passage down into my lung, to ensure I'm breathing during surgery.
         4. A cut will be made along the top inside my mouth, releasing my upper jaw- advancement, raising at the back and rotation to the left which is then reattached with metal plates and screws.
         5. Two cuts made behind my back teeth to release lower jaw, bone removed, shorted and reshaped, jaw pulled back and then placed back together with metal screws and  plates.
 Sounds great.........lol scared me a little bit, but I've know I'm having this done for so long, i just would like it done now please :D

MRSA swabs done, weighed and blood pressure. All fine and dandy. Ahhhhh Monday.......4 days to go!

    Met back up with my mum to see my dad, until she had her appointment at the kidney clinic, as she only had a kidney transplant 2 months ago!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment