Feeds RSS

Wednesday 16 November 2011

Day 154- Retainer is such a nightmare!!!!

     So its nearly been two weeks since i had my braces taken off. Woo hoo! Its gone so so fast! Its so weird because i sometime forget they are not there anymore! HaHa!

   I've been wearing my retainer ALL the time, except when i eat and brush my teeth! Im so determined to wear it as much as i can! The only issue is.......its a pain to take out! Im terrified im going to break it! Fingers crossed i wont. Everytime i brush my teeth......i then have to 'brush' my retainer.....two sets of teeth basically! As if brushing my teeth isn't a chore as it is! Its so weird getting used to brushing my teeth without out any of the bristles getting caught in my brace, its nice to properly clean my teeth :D

   I don't have any issues with numbness in my lips at all, i can feel some nerves that i think are growing back either side of my mouth, which feels so odd when washing my face! But it reminds me what i had done. Its been just over 5 months since surgery and its flown by. Its just shocking! The other day i watched an 18 year old have upper jaw surgery on embarrassing bodies, due to having a cleft lip and palate! Oh My God i saw everything! My friends thought i was mad watching it, but im just so interested, especially after it has happened to me. Im not sure i would recommend wathcing it before having surgery though.... definitely not for the faint hearted!

   My next orthodontist appointment is not until the 2nd February 2012, so got a while of wearing my lovely retainer 24/7.........joy haha! Its clear so it could be worse! haha!
Picture Update




Me and my beautiful dogs :D -Tinks is licking her nose! haha!

If anyone is considering surgery, or is waiting, feel free to ask me questions, ill do my best to help :D Good luck.

2 comments:

CrazyMofo107 said...

You look great! Congratulations!

Whitney said...

Thank you :)

Post a Comment